The registrant should fulfil the criteria below, i.e. the registrant -
- is aged 18 or above on or before 18 June 2021; and
- as at 18 June 2021,
- is a Hong Kong permanent resident holding a valid locally-issued[Note 1] Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card ("HKPIC") or a valid Certificate of Exemption ("EC") issued by the Commissioner of Registration under the Registration of Persons Regulations, Cap. 177A; or
- is a Hong Kong resident holding a valid Hong Kong Identity Card ("HKIC") or EC issued by the Commissioner of Registration under the Registration of Persons Regulations, Cap. 177A who has come to Hong Kong on Permit for Proceeding to Hong Kong and Macao (commonly known as "One Way Permit"); or
- is a Hong Kong resident holding a valid HKIC or EC issued by the Commissioner of Registration under the Registration of Persons Regulations, Cap. 177A who has valid permission to remain in Hong Kong as a dependant sponsored by (b)(i) above; and
- complies with the "residing in Hong Kong" requirement[Note 2].
[Note 1: A locally-issued HKPIC refers to a permanent identity card registered in Hong Kong and does not bear "ISSUED OVERSEAS 海外簽發" on the card face.]
[Note 2: For the purpose of the Scheme, it refers to a person who has not been absent from Hong Kong continuously for the 24 months immediately before 18 June 2021, unless because during the said period, the person was:
- a recipient of assistance under the Portable Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Scheme, allowance under the Guangdong Scheme, or allowance under the Fujian Scheme;
- studying in a school/university outside Hong Kong which is recognised by the relevant authority;
- a participant of the Working Holiday Scheme administered by the Labour Department;
- hospitalised outside Hong Kong for medical reasons;
- performing duties outside Hong Kong for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government ("Government") or for a company/organisation located in Hong Kong on a temporary basis*; or accompanying an immediate family member performing such duties; and/or
- having other exceptional reason(s) as may be determined by the Government as valid for the purpose of the Scheme.
*For the purpose of the Scheme, it means the person is employed by a company or organisation located in Hong Kong and has been temporarily deployed to work outside Hong Kong, and has the intention to return to Hong Kong after the deployment.]