(Unless otherwise specified, "Consumption Voucher Scheme" or "the Scheme" on this page refers to the 2023 Consumption Voucher Scheme 2nd Instalment.)
Statement of Policy
The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("the Government"), including agents/contractors appointed by the Government under the 2023 Consumption Voucher Scheme 2nd Instalment ("the Scheme"), are committed to ensuring that all personal data collected under the Scheme are handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("the Ordinance").
When we collect personal data from individuals, we will provide them with a Personal Information Collection Statement on or before the collection in the same paper/electronic form or webpage that collects the personal data.
Statement of Practices
Types of personal data collected and purposes of collecting personal data
- Personal data collected under the Scheme may include name, Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card/Hong Kong Identity Card number and Date of Issue, Certificate of Exemption number, related number of stored value facility ("SVF") account, contact information, declaration and information provided with regard to the "eligibility", and other information that may be provided in relation to the Scheme (collectively referred to as "the Data"); and
- The Data will be used for the purpose of (i) disbursing consumption vouchers under the Scheme; and (ii) effecting cash/non-cash handouts/refunds (if any) under schemes administered by the Government in future that are aimed at, amongst other things, encouraging local consumption, relieving people's financial burden, and/or returning wealth to the people ("Other Schemes"). The purposes mentioned above are collectively referred to as "Purposes", and the Scheme and Other Schemes are collectively referred to as "Such Schemes".
Disclosure of personal data
- The Data will be transferred to and used by (a) relevant bureaux and departments of the Government including but not limited to the Treasury, Office of the Government Chief Information Officer, Immigration Department, Social Welfare Department and Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau; (b) the SVF operator as selected by you; and (c) the agents and contractors respectively of (a) and (b), for the Purposes; and
- The Data will be disclosed to any other parties if such disclosure is necessary for the checking and/or investigation or to ascertain your eligibility related to Such Schemes, or agencies which are authorised to receive information relating to law enforcement, prosecution or review of the decisions regarding your eligibility under Such Schemes.
Protection measures and retention of personal data
- The Government will take appropriate steps to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure; and
- Personal data collected under the Scheme will be kept for seven years (copies of Hong Kong identity cards uploaded through the electronic registration portal and paper forms including the documents attached, such as copies of Hong Kong identity cards, will be kept for one year).
Data access or removal requests
- Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) ("the Ordinance"), those who have registered may request for access to or correction of the Data subject to any relevant exemption(s);
- Please note that a data access request shall or may be refused in the circumstances specified in section 20 of the Ordinance;
- The registrant has the right to request for not using the Data as his/her updated data maintained by the Government for use under Other Schemes; and
- Requests or enquiries should be made by any one of the following means: (a) by email to email@example.com; (b) by fax to 3106 0701; or (c) by post to GPO P.O. Box 180005, Hong Kong.
- The Government will record visits to this website without collecting any identifiable personal information of users. Such record of visits will only be used for compilation of statistical reports and diagnosis of problems with computer systems to help the Government improve this website; and
- At present, the chatbot on this website provides services in traditional Chinese only. Its conversations with each user will be recorded by the computer system for evaluation of its performance and hence improvement. The system will not request any identifiable personal information of users. To protect privacy, users should not provide any personal information (including name and contact information) in the dialogue window.